==+Geekfire+==

The tale of the meeting of a handsome carputer and a beautiful sunfire....

Monday, July 11, 2005

Carputer, v3.0

Thats right, version 3.0, before even having the thing in the car.

Specs now:

Asus Tusl2-C socket 370 motherboard
P3 socket 370 1.266 cpu
C: = Western Digital 20 gig
D: = Western Digital 60 gig
Sound = Creative SB live
Network = Linksys usb wireless and 3com wired NIC
Video = Nvidia Gefore 4 MX440
RAM = 512 pc133

OS = Windows XP sp2
Frontend = Centrafuse 1.2

Monitor = Super brand 7" vga touchscreen

AMP = Same old Pioneer 100 watt 2 channel amp

Startup/Shutdown = DSSC

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

--- Got the Super 7" touchscreen in Friday, man, this thing is awesome. Nice brightness, touch works great, need to work on the resolutions a bit.

After playing with it for a night, I broke it open and planned on bonding into my Sunfire bezel. For this I bought some Bondo - Glass, a mixture of bondo and fiberglass strands. I knew I would forget something, and it was the Bondo lightweight filler to smooth it out. Now I am stuck sanding this stuff for hours on hours end trying to get the valleys and indentions out. My first experience with any kind of bondo, it was suprisingly pleasant. I tried to paint it with the valleys and dips in it to see if it would fly just like that, no way. It was ghetto as hell, so back to sanding.

Glued in with Epoxy after hacking the bezel a bit.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some bondo glass on the back

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some bondo glass on the front

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2nd round

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Where I am now, it looks crooked in the pic, but its not.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hopefully I can finish sanding tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home