==+Geekfire+==

The tale of the meeting of a handsome carputer and a beautiful sunfire....

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Oops... and more...

Well,I had noticed that I had not put enough windshield adhesive on on side of my faceplate, and it was pulling apart from my bezel, so I decided to glue it back.

I had planned on using the windshield adhesive again, but opted out because I had some Loctite 380 Black Max glue......BAD IDEA!

Yes, it worked, and it held it in there (this stuff is industrial), but the next morning I flipped over the bezel with lcd attached, and to my horror, I had "Super glue Fog" on the lucite!!11!



Shit... Atleast its only on the edges and not over the actual screen. Its really not noticable in the dark (lmfao). I intend to get some black vinyl to go over the faceplate to fix it. Still sucks.


Anyways, time to prepare some other things. I had a old AT style (9 pin?) mini keyboard that used to be used by Fed Ex, I had a spare AT to PS2 adapter so I figured I might as well use it. I also have a 15 foot ps2 male to female cable.

Here is the keyboard before paint


and after some black satin plasticote paint, here it is (I know, you can't see the keyboard letters, If you are a true geek you should know which keys are which, right? Ill be getting soem glow in the dark lettering sooner or later)



A few more pics to enjoy...This is the psone with harry potter dvd on it (very bad pic, with the lucite overlay, its impossible to get a good pic, but it looks nice)



The Meedio Junkebox running the Hdtvee theme (with lots of tweaking mind you)



The Meedio menu, sad I can't get a good picture, I'll try again later.



A few misc notes...

Why use Meedio, over Frodoplayer, Centrafuse, or RoadRunner?

1. Frodoplayer - Awesome program, very advanced, almost too much for what I am doing. The skins are really the only limitation on this, the Bright Lift skin is great, but just not remote friendly enough.

2. RoadRunner - Not remote friendly and never found any skins I liked, seemed to be a nice stable program tho.

3. Centrafuse - I wanted to run centrafuse at first, but no 640x480 skin, and I don't have the time to make one. I also noticed that it was a little slow running on my main pc, which isnt good. Looks like a great program with room to grow!

Meedio, is, very remote frendly, left, takes you left, right, takes you right, minimal buttons. I used Meedio for my htpc, so I knew all about configuring it. There is a infinite amount of amazing plugins for Meedio also. The skins are amazing, even the default is very classy. I am not trying to switch anybody over from FP, RR, CF, or any other car frontend, I just find it more advanced, in a not confusing, button filled way, which is a must in the remote world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home